I had my first tournament a couple weeks ago. It was as exciting as it was nerve wrecking. I was ready though I didn't know if I would do as good as I would like to, but I was sure going to try.
Since I had I had never been to a Taekwondo America tournament I really wasn't sure what time to be there, so, I got there about 8:45 am, fifteen minutes before it began. They started with the black belts first, and I had been causious but kind of over did it because I actually didn't end up competiting till about 3:30 pm. I was determined to ontime, and you know what they say: "you're late when you're ontime, and you're ontime when you're early."
I sat, and watched, and sat, and watched....and sat and watched some more. Finally, it was my turn. We gathered in the lunch room of Edythe J. Hayes middle school, and waited to be marched in to the ring where we would compete. I was so nervous, not because I wasn't ready, but for the simple fact that I had never done this before. My palms were sweaty and my legs were heavy as we marched in to the gym filled with 6square mat rings. Time to put up or shut up.....
After it was all said and done, I ending winning! I recieve a 1st place gold medal for yellow belt sparring and a 3rd place bronze medal for yellow belt forms. This day was a complete success and I was absolutely pleased with my results. It's proof that hard work and dedication pays off.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment