Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Belt test #2 coming up....

This Saturday, I have another belt test coming up. This is going to be my second belt test. The belt tests are held approximately every 8 weeks, which is plenty of time to learn your form and sparring combinations. Although, some people do not always pass. This is most commonly because some students didn't take time oustside of class to work on their moves. Unless you are going at least three or four times a week, you are most definitely gonna have to practice outside of class.

I only go to practice two days a week because of my busy schedule. But this does not mean I only work out 2 days a week. I also work out two days on my own at my home. This extra practice is essential to becoming a great martial artist. You must work hard to train your body, otherwise you may never reach your full potential or you may get seriously injured.

Im am going to test on the yellow belt form and yellow belt one-step sparring. The name of this form is Dang-Goon. There are about 18 moves is this form set, which is 4 more moves than the ki-ban pattern that I learned to earn my yellow belt.

We are going to have a guest judge at this belt testing. I am a little nervous because of this but I think I handle it, especially since I just won a gold medal for yellow belt one-step sparring and a bronze medal for yellow belt form. You never know what might happen in between now and the test, so I must remain focused so I can pass this test and gain my orange belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment